The sleeping giant has woken up from his extinction and is already multiplying in millions. Yes I’m talking about the new breed of dinosaurs that have cropped up from nowhere? They are called the shopasaurs and are growing within you, getting larger by the day! What’s worse? They’re invisible and the only way to detect them is with the symptoms mentioned below:-
1) You get excited like a monkey whenever you hear about a new mall or shop that has opened up in any corner of the world!
2) Words like SALE, DISCOUNT, PREVIEW and SPECIAL OFFERS give you an adrenaline rush that gets your heart, brains and eyes pop out with exhilaration.
3) So many things to buy and so little time is the mantra you live by! You want to have everything that is displayed in front of you and if you don’t get it, you feel emasculated.
4) 24/7 shopping may seem impossible for others but for you it’s just a number.
5) After your every shopping stint, you wonder why on earth you purchased certain items! The mixed feelings almost range from confusion to almost brainwashing where you barely know what you’re doing. Plus, within seconds of purchase, the adrenaline rush has disappeared leaving you with a longing to have more.
6) You are mostly visited by credit card collection agencies who love playing the game with you, “Knock knock guess who? And guess what, you don’t want to answer it!
7) Your favourite books and movie series are Sex and the City and Confessions of a Shopaholic!
You justify your shopping thinking that you are improving the economy of your country. But what you don’t realise is that with your lifestyle choices, there is a higher energy demand, higher prices and the climate change gets more drastic than before. And all this is not mentioned in the finished product as ingredients. What you don’t realize is that you are in fact contributing to the global warming!
If you may be suffering from any of these symptoms, then you’re officially a shopasaur! If you want to get out of this state of being which let me add is not undergoing retail therapy as buyers suggest, do join the Anti-Shopasaur movement! Coming soon….